AFCEA (Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association) is an international organization that serves its members by providing a forum for the ethical exchange of information. AFCEA is dedicated to increasing knowledge through the exploration of issues relevant to its members in information technology, communications and electronics for the defense, homeland security and intelligence communities. AFCEA International is headquartered in Washington DC, USA.
AFCEA Turkiye is a chapter of AFCEA International and was founded on November 29th 1989, by Turkish Republic Council of Ministers in accordance with the law 3335. AFCEA Turkiye Chapter is a non-profit, non-political a scientific organization. Its headquarter is in Ankara, Türkiye.
Main Objective of AFCEA Turkiye: To provide a common forum to support exchange of information among national and international government, academic and industrial organizations in the field of information technologies, communications and electronics systems and all other related areas.
AFCEA Turkiye Vision: To be the premier information technology, communications, and electronics association for professionals in national and international government, industry and academia.
AFCEA Turkiye Mission: Same as AFCEA International mentioned above.
AFCEA Turkiye Core Values:
Ethics: Insist on the highest ethics in everything we do.
Visionary Leadership: Apply visionary leadership in our community and encourage it from our members at every level.
Commitment: Consistently demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement of the Association and to improvement of service to our members.
Quality: Provide the highest quality in everything we do.
Education: Commit to do everything possible to further the education of our members and of the communities we serve.
Diversity: Encourage, embrace and continually enlist the support and inclusion of all members of our diverse international community.
Based on the objective, vision, mission and core values mentioned above, AFCEA Türkiye works on the following issues:
- To do research for developing effective activities.
- To organize national or international seminars, conferences, panels and courses for training.
- To provide necessary information, documents and publications, and to publish newspaper, magazine, journal, book etc. when required in order to help the realization of the objective.
- To organize social activities and meetings to improve and maintain the relationships between members.
- To participate international activities to work on a common event or project together with the other chapters and organizations.
- To help and support AFCEA International and its chapters events and activities for related issues.
- To accept donations from inside or outside of the country within the legal procedures to support its events and activities.
- To provide scholarships opportunities for students via donations.
AFCEA Turkiye Chapter conducts its operations in an effective manner in accordance with the AFCEA International’s and its By Laws.